Sunday 31 July 2011

Best of July 2011

Hi all, I'm back and here I am with my favourites of July 2011 and a anything else I've missed out since my absence...

Sanex Anti-perspirant Sensitive DSC07671The heat is enough to make anyone sweaty and sticky let alone the nervousness of ponging the moment you arrive at the office but never fear because I have found the ultimate solution!
I have never found a deodorant that actually works let alone a roll-on.  If it did work the effects wore off eventually and I'd go back to my refuge of electric fans.  I happened to get this on offer and I wasn't expecting miracles because, to be quite frank, I'm not really into roll-ons.  However this baby really works and keeps me fresh and odour free all day.  I LOVE IT.

 

Lavshuca Eye shadow Quad - BR-1

DSC07670 This is a really pretty palette I picked up at SaSa in Hong Kong.  If you haven't got the Urban Decay 'Naked' palette and you're looking for similar neutral shades then this might be the one, if you can get hold of it!  The colour pay off is great and the texture is velvety and easy to glide on.  These colours can be used in combination to create anything from simple day time looks to heavy smoky evening eyes. 

Urban Decay Naked Palette 

DSC07669
Speak of the devil, I have rediscovered this wonderful palette and it's actually more versatile than I realised.  The golds and bronze colours are perfect for the summer!  It's become my go-to palette when I'm not feeling creative but the outcome is always great.

 

Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara

DSC07668One of my ultimate favourite mascaras on this planet, this tiny baby works miracles.  It primarily gives extreme length but can build up really striking, voluminous lashes, even for the tiny hairs I was blessed with.  It's a comb applicator so I didn't expect to like it but actually it works a treat and even great for those under eye lashes.  I HEART!

 

Missha B.B BoomerDSC07667

I adore this primer because it gives me such a subtle glow.  I like to use this directly on my cheeks, the bridge of my nose, forehead and slightly on the chin.  It's great mixed into your tinted moisturiser or foundation too.  It's light weight formula means I can layer this on top of moisturiser and not feel like my skin is clogging up.  This primer is perfect for creating a healthy, dewy complexion.

 

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner

DSC07666At last, drugstores now have a real decent gel-liner that is easy to use and totally affordable.  This baby comes with it's own brush that is perfect for creating cat eyes and I have been using this every day.  It sets really well and does not streak; this one is a winner for sure.

 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation

DSC07665This foundation has been great for the summer because it really does last all day.  For hotter days I have been applying a sheer layer of it rather than mixing it in with moisturiser like I would every Summer.  This conceals all of my flaws and a little goes a long way.  The shade I'm using is 200 Soft Beige but I do have to mix it with the shade below it because it is still too dark for me, yet the shade lighter is much too light.  I still really like using it and it's been my go-to for quite some time.

 

GOSH Precious Powder Pearls - GlowDSC07663

This little pot of glory was featured sometime last year on my blog and it's still one of my all-time favourite bronzers.  This gives me an instant glow and makes me look like I've been on holiday.  For instant hot summer glamour, go for these precious powder bronzing pearls. 

What are your Summer must-haves?

Much love,

Cherry x

9 comments:

Jing-Jing said...

Welcome back Cherry ^_^

That Majolica Majorca mascara is my favourite too! Definitely a must-have :)

Unknown said...

Great post! The Gosh pearls are sooooooo gorgeous!!! :)

Unknown said...

Great Blog. Love it.

MrMogable said...

Great blogpost! Its a shame I can't get BB cream in London!

my little glass bubble said...

I recently just got the Majorlica Majorca Mascara from HK too and it is absolutely AMAZING! But one down side thats keeping me from using it everyday is how hard it is to remove at night :[

Kim said...

welcome back =3
I've tried that maybelline e/l gel before but it smudges a lot on me =/

Rubymoon said...

Would you rather buy 2 Lavshuca palette or the NAKED palette?
I'm so confused of which to buy!!

Mai said...

i wanting to try the Misha bb.. it looks great thanks for sharing !

CMPang x

Mai said...

i wanting to try the Misha bb.. it looks great thanks for sharing !

CMPang x

Quick Search Cherry's Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails