Saturday 7 February 2009

Haul: 07.02.08

Hello everyone,
so I'm back with another haul; what was supposed to be a cheap lunch with my boyfriend ended up as an expensive lunch (Yo! Sushi) and hauling.... so, let's get with it!

Like I said, I wasn't supposed to buy anything but my mind came to the idea of buying the concealer I wanted which is the Benefit Boi-ing. I have this concealer in my Big Beautiful Eyes kit and I've loved using it for not only my under eye dark circles but as well as blemishes and scars. So I wanted to get the big original version but as always I was sucked into looking at tons of other things and somehoow I ended up getting something completely different. I originally wanted to buy three things but I knew I shouldn't so I told myself to only get one product so I chose this one because I wanted to compare it to the Max Factor Miracle Touch Illusion Foundation.




This is "Some kind-a gorgeous" - a foundation faker. This is a lightweight, oil-free formula which blends into the skin to give a perfect complex and finish to the skin. When I was at the concession stall the lady working there actually put this on top of the make up I already had on (coincidentally it was the Maxfactor Miracle Touch) and while I worried it would be too much it actually made me look so smooth and gorgeous. I was sold right there and then.
I'm also thinking about getting the new blush that has recently been bought out which is the Carlista blush, Miss Popularity shimmer, Boi-ing concealer (still) and B-spot perfume.


It's comparable to the Max Factor Miracle Touch because they both claim to do similar things and they both work the same. I'm interested in testing this product out and doing a comparison.

I've also picked up this Rimmel London eye colour in Siren because it was just a little something I claimed back from my Advantage Card points. It's basically a duo whichis very nice because there is a shimmer light colour and a matte darker colour which will work well for a crease colour in order to give the eye a more dimensional effect. I'm looking into using this as a Valentine's Day look as it's not only affordable but easily available and wearable.

This is a product I've seen regularly featured in Lindi's videos and it looks like a good dupe for Benefit's Posie Tint so I went ahead and got it. It's packaged like a nail polish and while I think it's pretty neat now, I can see this getting annoying when I'm almost finished and I can't get to the bottom. So far I'm quite pleased with it, more updates on this product later.


In terms of MAC (obviously) I was looking through the newly launched limited edition lines, namely BBR (blonde, brunette, redhead), Cream Team and Well Defined. I wasn't too sure about the Well Defined line because I hadn't looked it up much. The square brush confused me a bit but nonetheless it didnt intrigue me to find out more. I can sense another haul from MAC soon. I'm interested in one or two glosses from Cream Team but neither of these lines grabbed much attention from me.
I looked at BBR and although I liked more of the stuff I was definitely not prepared to buy all of it or even half of it. The pennies are tight nowadays so what I try to do is imagine which ones I'd be the most sad if it were to be taken away from me. So it was really the brushes that I liked the most but otherwise I quite like the MSFs (but I really want to get Sweet William cream blush) and I'm trying to save up for Hello Kitty when it comes out..... so needless to say I didn't get it. So these are the two brushes.
This 226 brush is gorgeous. When I first saw this on the US MAC website I was already sold. I find the blending brushes are usually too big for my eyes and while the 224 was too big the 217 is good but not good enough. I've been looking for the perfect crease brush and I think this may get me somewhere. It's perfectly shaped for my eyes not to mention it's incredibly soft. I really like the tapered bristles and I think I may be able to achieve something special with this brush.

This is another brush I just had to buy - the 214 is a densely packed bristle brush which has short blunt hairs. This will be good for smudge colour as well as packing on colour. I was quite impressed at how well it smudged the colours I tested on my hand and because I don't have anything quite like it, I just got it. I am interested in getting that cheek brush and I probably will eventually before it goes. However having spent so much already I just couldn't justify getting all of it especially when I want to haul at Coastal Scents soon.

Stay tuned for more hauls soon!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have the bspot perfume and i love it to no end my big sister works for marketing at benefit in san fransisco so she sends me lots of goodies

Quick Search Cherry's Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails