Friday 17 July 2009

Review: LUSH's Grease Lightening Tea Tree Spot Treatment

The Low Down

One of Lush's greatest selling products in its line has to be something incredible. With it's great natural ingredients and novelty names, Lush's popularity as soared through the roof in recent years. I've been a big fan of LUSH ever since they came to my home town and so it's not a suprise to me or anyone that one of my favourite products for my face is going to be from Lush cosmetics.

Today's review is going to be on Lush's Grease Lightening Tea Tree Spot Treatment. This little miracle in a small black pump contains 45g of natural ingredients that is designed to zap spots and blemishes, as well as heal problem areas and soothe irritated skin. Lush has concocted a potion including ingredients such as thyme, rosemary, tea tree, witch hazel and aloe vera gel to help solve your skin problems. Thyme is known to soothe skin and has great healing properties as well as rosemary. Tea tree and witch hazel are known for their anti bacterial properties with great 'spot zapping' qualities and my favourite aloe vera gel helps to soothe and calm irritated skin. They have also included sea water, again for its anti bacterial purposes, grape juice to soothe and lavender oil for light fragrance and moisture.

Ingredients List

Thyme; Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Thymus vulgaris; Rosmarinus officinalis and Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben
* Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

Each bottle purchased contains a clear gel that has a slight browish tint, this gel is inbetween runny and thick, and is easily absorbed into the skin. It dries invisible therefore you are able to apply all day to give your spots a big kick up the backside. The gel itself has no strong scent but obviously as these products are all 100% natural smells and colours will vary.

And what do they claim?
"Thyme for tea tree! Brand new, super effective spot zapping face gel, aloe and witch hazel.
The Tyme, Tea Tree and Rosemary anitbacterial gel dries invisibly and you can feel the Witch Hazel shriveling up potentially volcanic spots at once." - Lush website

How you can use the product
As mentioned this product can be applied throughout the day. I find one pump is suffice for the entire face (obviously depending on the severity of your skin problems/acne). I personally dispense one pump of gel onto a clean finger and dab onto those areas in the morning and if my skin is needing a quick recovery i will apply throughout the day for approx. every 3 hours. In the evenings I become slightly cheeky and apply two pumps and work throughout my face. With such simple ingredients I find this feeds my skin great nutrients and does not irritate my skin.

How did it work for Cherry?

Yet again I have a new holy grail product. Recently, I'd say in the last couple of months, my skin has changed and it's gone from regularly blemished, itchy, dry, irritated and flakey to soft, spot free, glowing and smoothe. I'd say I can attribute this outcome to this wonderful product. I've also wanted to take pictures of spots and shown progress however I haven't had any spots to show! Isn't this crazy?

I'm not saying its a wonder product and nor am I saying it's going to work for everyone; however those who are a fan of Lush, love natural ingredients, and whos skin agrees with natural ingredients such as aloe vera and tea tree will love this product. I would recommend this to most of my friends and family. What I like most is that I no longer stare at my spot treatments and worry that it will make me even more dry and itchy. This has got down soothing to a T. In most spot treatments it usually jam packed full of inconspicuous ingredients with names so long it gives me a headache. Here I'm reading Thyme, Rosemary and and grape juice- if it's good enough for my tummy its good enough for my skin!


And much will this cost?
At Lush you can purchase this lil baby for £4.95. I'd say this is a bargain considering the cost of other spot treatments that are most likely to cause other problems to your skin. For me, this is definitely a find!

Cherry’s final verdict?

On the basis of what I've said in this article, I would give this product a 4.5/5. The reason for the half star mixing is probably the bottle size and dispenser. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it however I do wish wish wish the bottle could be bigger and possibly more slim line. The pump may or may not clog up but mine has not so far- but who knows. I'm not a big fan of pumps but at least that keeps it hygienic.


No comments:

Quick Search Cherry's Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails