Saturday 12 December 2009

Netbook, Bobbi Brown Makeup manual and Ebay Palettes

Hi everyone
Since the last time I blogged there has been a few things that have happened.  I'm so busy I'm surrounded by post-it notes and they're all beginning to blur into each other.  I have no idea what I'm doing.  Nonetheless....I have a haul for you.

For of all I'm writing for the first time from my new netbook!  I got it (him) for my 21st birthday which was on the 9th of December 2009!  Yep, I'm 21 now and in case you're curious, I had a fabulous birthday.  The netbook is a beautiful glossy black 10" machine bur despite it all I can't tell you much else about it.  I am incredibly dense when it comes to technology and what not, I just know how to use some things but I love him.  Him and I still need to get used to one another before I can give him a name but considering I'll be bringing him everywhere I go (almost) then I'm sure we'll be acquainted in no time.





I'm not going to put up much of the birthday presents I got but I wanted to show you something in particular.  My bestie from university, Vicky, bought my the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual which I have been longing for for a while now.  I've got to that stage where I'm taking make up and fashion more seriously and to a higher level now and I'm thinking of moving my career to that path so \I think books written by some of the greatest is a good start to get some ideas. The book is highly recommendable and I havent finished a book so quickly,  Nonetheless - it's a fantastic book.  The pictures, diagrams and generous amount of information is worth every penny.





Lastly I wanted to talk about some palettes I've finallty bitten the bullet and plucked up the courage to buy.  I went and go those 'ebay' palette.  I've so far purchased the 120 pro palette but that has not arrived.  I ordered the 28 natural nude palette which arrived safe and sound, however I ordered the matte contour palette from the same seller and they sent me a 66 lip palette by mistake.  Lucky me was allowed to keep both palettes and am being sent the contour as I type.  So I'm waiting on the 120 palette.


I have not swatched them all but the colours seem of perfectly decent quality. Are they as vivid and good quality as the likes of leading brands such as MAC or NARS?  Not quite there but they are very very decent.  So if say MAC eyeshadows had a 10 as a mark then I would give these a good solid 9. 



The funny thing about this is that I never intended on getting a lip palette and actually I've never thought about getting one.  I've not been so keen because I just don't understand why you would bother.  To me lipstick is the one thing you have to touch up the most and if you only have that colour from th palette then you can't touch unless you're seriously considering putting a 66 lip palette into your handbag.  But for tutorials this will be perfect and the quality isn't half bad.  Pleasantly pleased.

Also I went to Staples and picked up a documents rack to see if they would hold up my palettes.  Actually it's not quite good enough to be honest and when it comes down to it, I might end up with more MAC palettes and then I really won't have space.  I've been looking for a small-ish DVD tower but can't find one.  Oh bother.



Well thats it for now but look out for the next couple of posts because I'm due to do a natural look, a christmas look, announcing my first contest and also a suprise change to my image!!!!!

Peace x

2 comments:

Sheefa F said...

oh i would love to have that book, gna check it out soon :) and the palette seems nice 2!

tousledkitten said...

I got the mesh organizers from Staples. They have fewer slots but they work much better for my palettes. x

Quick Search Cherry's Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails