Friday 5 February 2010

Pizza Express Social Event

A couple of weeks back (actually on the same night I attended Garnier’s Blogger Event) I was invited to a social event hosted by Pizza Express and it was mainly to discuss our new years resolutions with life coach Georgina Burnett, Nutritionist Juliette Kellow and Adrian Garforth the Master of Wine.  As well as this we were invited to make our own Leggera Pizzas!  For all of you who don’t know, let me explain:

Leggera Pizzas are something of a little wonder to me because it’s almost like a contradiction in itself.  It’s a low fat pizza… and it tastes fantastic (and I know fantastic).  The pizza is actually a ring of pizza which means a circle has been cut out from the middle and replaced with a healthy, appetizing salad to bulk up the meal and provide you with further nutrients and minerals (whilst keeping it low cal).  The entire pizza and salad is only 500 calories which is great because you have enough carbohydrates in there to satisfy you as well as plenty of vegetables and protein.  The pizza is full of flavour so it will satisfy you more without making you feel floated, stodgy or totally guilt ridden all week. 

As well as this we sampled their Leggera Wine which is ALSO low calorie and low alcohol so you can enjoy some wine with your pizza if you are so inclined to.  The interesting thing about this is that my sister and I both went to the social a bit apprehensive about the wine because we do not drink much alcohol.  I was slightly intimated on the idea of ‘wine tasting’ as we would probably interpret top quality wine as ‘absolutely disgusting I’d-rather-drink-my-own-vomit’ wine.  However we both really enjoyed it as it wasn’t as strong but it was enough to really compliment the flavours of the pizza.  The best thing about it is that my face didn’t go raspberry red the moment I had a sip and I was totally 'sober’ all night.  My sister who actually detests wine had a try and she quite enjoyed it too.  Is that a miracle?  Who knows?

4308399467_e73a4ba4f6

So as I said we were invited to make our very own Leggera Pizza and I was extremely excited because you may or may not know that I love to cook and it’s one of my very few passions in life.  My sister and I (actually everyone did) took to it quite quickly and it was astonishing at how easy it was to make.  Of course we are no match for the professionals teaching us but my pizza turned out pretty damn delicious.  We were showed everything from rolling, flattening, to layering and adding flavour, colour (not artificial) and even calorie counting.  It was fascinating to see how passionate these chefs were about their ingredients and how much emphasis they put on healthy eating for Pizza Express.  I even enjoyed putting on that paper hat; it was a such a light hearted activity that I was kind of sad when it was over.

So here is what I made earlier, literally!

DSC02885 Isn’t it a beauty?  And an absolute joy to eat.  Here we have on top asparagus, chicken, low fat mozzarella, spinach and I think sun dried peppers. 

Here is what my sister (Jamie) made:

DSC02884

I think hers has ham, mushroom, sun dried peppers and low fat mozzarella.  I can’t believe I forgot to put mushroom on mine.  But then again mine had so much on it I think the chefs were a bit worried….

DSC02886

This is Jamie and I enjoying our evening.  As you can see she is the older, skinnier and much prettier version of me!  Some would say we look like twins but since our hair cuts, I’m not too sure we do now.  She has successfully gone down from a size 16 to a size 10 and her story is something quite amazing.  I brought her along with me because I know above anyone else she is interested in nutrition and eating out.  It was a great chance for her to talk to life coach Georgina Burnett so she could help answer some questions her readers have asked her on her blog.  Click here to read her life story and see her weight loss pictures! 

DSC02893

 DSC02888

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next we were presented with a beautiful dessert.  This is the Sotto Zero which is “Two scoops of delicious low fat natural frozen yoghurt topped with blackcurrants in syrup with a dark chocolate straw” and  it was so yummy you will NOT believe.  It’s only 180 calories and tastes like everything you could imagine, it’s decadent yet refreshing and completely guilt free and light.  A dream of a dessert. 

That rounded off the evening particularly well and after the meal I was not feeling particularly sick (like I do when I leave other Pizza restaurants) and ready to bounce off home. 

DSC02894 

 

Above everything I got to meet the lovely Claire who is the writer of London Butterfly and is the most warm and funny girl around.  I thoroughly enjoyed the evening with her and Jamie and am looking forward to seeing her in the near future!

So for anyone who is every interested in a bloggers gathering, I would suggest Pizza Express.  The atmosphere is thriving yet chic and it’s totally relaxed, with good food, wine and service.  I know I’m taking my best friend there for dinner and I’m sure she will enjoy the Leggera option too!

Thanks Pizza Express,

Peace,

Cherry x

4 comments:

Vanity Fashionista said...

Your pizzas look yummy!
it sounds too good to be true low fat pizza lol, we should together one day. The frozen yogurt looks delish!

*Peonies and lilies* said...

Mmm your pizza looks delicious! Sounds like you had a great time x

Anonymous said...

Awww :) You sweet heart. You're a much more successful, more more glamorous younger version of me ;)

*Anita* said...

YUM! this looks delicious :) i've been craving pizza lately even though i just had it last week lol!

Quick Search Cherry's Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails