Tuesday 31 August 2010

August - The Best and The Worst

Aha! Could this be the first time I'm actually ON TIME doing one of these favourites? Possibly, quite possibly.

Let's kick off with Urban Decay's Naked Palette

 

 

Urban Decay Naked Palette

DSC01163

Have I ever been more in love with a palette than this?  No.  Not ever.  I am truly obsessed with this and I don't know whether it's the packaging or the shadows but there is definitely something about it that just makes me drool.  The quality is everything you could wish for and it's surely become my go-to as well as one of my top favourite palettes EVER.  Click here for a closer look!

 

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara

DSC01164

Apologies for having not posted my review on this yet!  But I'm sure a lot of you have been there and done that.  It's surely also become one of my go-to mascaras and I love it as much as the L'Oreal Lash Architect or even the Eyeko Mascara.  It gives great length and really helps define my lashes; the best part is that it doesn't transfer or smudge.  A definite win.

 

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Mascara Primer

DSC01165

I've been wanting to talk about this for a while but it seems that it's been disappearing off of shelves in the UK?  Or is that just me?  Perhaps it's being discontinued but I find that this really pushes my mascara application that one bit further and with this my lashes always look fuller.  I like this over the L'Oreal Lash Extension Primer a lot more.  Has anyone tried this?

MAC Lipstick in Dressmaker

DSC01166

This was passed on from a friend because she thought I would like it more than she did, and boy, was she right!  This is another one of those peachy orange colours and you all know that one of my all time favourite lip colours is MAC's Ravishing which is comparable to Dressmaker.  I think Dressmaker is definitely more wearable than Ravishing because it has more of a nude peachy cool tone to it where as Ravishing is a soft yet warm orange with a pink-ish tone.  If you're unsure of what Ravishing looks like it's very comparable to Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in Peach.

 

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer

DSC01167

I tend to go on and off with this product but since my skin has started losing it's tan, I've noticed this really helps out my red patches on my face.  What I've come to like doing is taking a very small amount and applying it to my entire face; it seems to even out the skin well and although it makes me a bit pale, it gives a good base for an even foundation application.  I prefer this over the No.7 version.

 

Bio-Oil

DSC01168

I've been using this for such a long time now and you might remember when I did that Clinique 3-Step trial and how I felt like my skin was drying up like the desert!  Well I was so relieved to be able to go back to my normal skincare routine and I feel like Bio-Oil is a vital component of it and it's become one of my holy grail night moisturisers.  I feel like my skin condition has improved a lot using this and while I haven't noticed it fading much of my scars, it's made my skin less botchy and irritated and so there is a lot less scratching and bumps on my face.  Why do I have a feeling this bad boy is going to feature in a lot of the favourites to come?


BarryM Nail Paint Limited Edition 030

DSC01169

It's become an unwritten rule that I never wear the same colour twice consecutively.  That changed when this beautiful nail paint arrived in store.
I've heard it being said and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.  You look at this colour and you think it's nothing special; you might even think you have this colour already.  However when applied to the nails it's a completely different story.  The colour is so likable that I think it's become one of my favourites!  An absolute gem and a colour any girl could pull off!

 

And that is it!  I couldn't find anything I particularly disliked so I shall relieve you of this post.

Thank you for reading!

Have you tried any of my favourites?

Peace,

Cherry xxx

5 comments:

Vanity Fashionista said...

yay!! So glad you like the palette and the lipstick! :D xxx

KittyBonkers said...

I haven't tried anything in your Favourites *emos* but I do want the NAKED palette (you already know haha) and I now need to buy that nail varnish as I am a varnish addict and that colour is so pretty!!

Kitty xb

Risa said...

I'm dying to get the NAKED palette! haha...Great post!

XOXO

beeroyal said...

I love volume million lashes... i tell yah amazing mascara!!!

ps. ive tagged you.. check it out.
http://beeroyal.blogspot.com/

~Lisa said...

I've never seen those L'Oreal products before!

And I've tried the Bio Oil too! Though, you have used up a lot more than I did. >.<
I'm trying to test out if it works on scars.

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Quick Search Cherry's Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails